This Saturday, August 28, 2010, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, the Third Entrep Summit entitled “Click! Technopreneurs’ Secrets, Revealed!” will be held at (MOA) SM Mall of Asia’s Center Stage Cinema. Gadgets and Tech is giving away three (3) tickets (worth PHP 1,200 each) to this event (you can read about the official press release and view the official poster below). All you have to do is comment using your real name until 8:00 pm tomorrow, August 26, 2010 (Thursday) and I will raffle the tickets off to three winners.
Please make sure to USE YOUR REAL NAME because there will be no “physical ticket” that will be given to the winners. Instead, winner’s names will be included in the guest list. On the day of the event all Gadgets and Tech winners of this contest must proceed to the VIP Lane and mention their names and the name of this blog (Gadgets and Tech or GadgetsandTech.net).
Entrep Summit Topics and Speakers
Shake It ‘til you Make It
Building a business from scratch is no walk in the park, but success and money awaits those who persevere.
* Proprietor, Whistlestop Restaurant
* Executive Director, The One School (Professor of Entrepreneurship and Public Speaking)
* Managing Director, Nami Resort
Masquerading as a fortune teller is one thing, but being able to forecast upcoming trends and business models is a whole new ball game. Explore the inner workings of an actual visionary.
* Founder & Former CEO, Airborne Access
* CEO, Proudcloud.net
* Involved in startup ventures focused on internet and technology, including new media, app development, and IP based telephony
From Zero to Hero
The road to becoming Mr. Popular is long and tedious, with numerous speed bumps strewn across. But some people know a detour, a shortcut that’ll take you to the stars.
* Editor-in-chief / Creative Director, WheninManila.com
* Radio DJ & Voice Talent, Mellow 94.7 / CreatiVoices
* Writer / TV Show & Events Host, Freelance
* Managing Director, Media Meter
* Founder and Owner, M2.0 Communications
* Creator, @PCOSmachine twitter account
* Founder & VP Software Design, Giro AppSolutions, Inc.
* Founder & Administrator, www.applei.ph
* Spokesperson & Head, MIS – Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
No Guts No Glory
Few men have the boldness and audacity to create a business, much less spearhead the computerization of a nationwide election. But one man did both ….. and came out on top
* President, Smartmatic Asia
Of Blogs and Cash
We’ve all heard of them, but has anyone actually spotted one? Be one of the first to see and interact with the greatest phenomenon of the 21st century – the Professional Blogger.
* Professional Blogger & Owner, YugaTech
* New Media Consultant
* Speaker, seminars and workshops on blogging, podcasting and internet marketing in various countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Pakistan and Germany
* Co-founder, Philippine Blog Awards
* Co-organizer, Search Engine Marketing Conference in the Philippines
Get Smart, Get Digitized
Who knew that taking an old idea from the analog age and bringing it to the digital age would result into a blooming success?
* Chairman & Marketing Director, Island Rose (Philippine Cut Flower Corporation)
* President, Superius Corporation
* Finalist, 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
* Awardee, 2008 Agora Award for Outstanding Achievement in Entrepreneurship
Blood, Sweat and Digital Tears
Where the basics of managing a small startup isn’t as obvious as one might think.
* Founder & President, Mothercode
* Co-Founder, E-motion Systems, Inc.
* Editor-in-Chief, The Ragnarok Guide Book I & II
* IT Teacher, The One School
* Chariman, BuhayKo.org
The Investor’s Salon
The art of making your business attractive and delectable to would be affluent suitors.
* Managing Partner, Global Gateway Venture Capital (G2VC)
My Spider Sense is Tingling…
A smart businessman carefully scopes out the environment for potential business trends. Find out what these trends are and how to seize the opportunities.
Paco Sandejas, Ph.D.
* Managing Director, Narra Venture Capital
The Journey of a Serial Digital Entrepreneur
Throw everything you learned about business plans and strategic marketing out the window, only one thing matters when establishing multiple businesses; a firm business model.
* Co-founder, Chairman & majority shareholder: Pinoyexchange.com
* Founder, Chairman & President: Xurpas, Inc.
* Director & Shareholder: Starfish Mobile
* Chairman & Majority Shareholder: Havoc Digital
* Chairman & Majority Shareholder: MyAyala, Inc.
* Chairman & Shareholder: Fluxion, Inc.
* Founding Director & Current President: Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP)
* Founding member of the Philippine Chapter: Mobile Marketing Association
* Member and Board Director: Entrepreneurs Organization (EO)
3rd Entrep Summit’s official press release:
For three years now, JCI Manila (Manila Jaycees) has been staging the Entrep Summit – a gathering of prominent entrepreneurs from different fields who share their experience and life lessons in the hopes of encouraging or inspiring individuals to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations. This year’s Entrep Summit titled “Click! Technopreneurs’ Secrets, Revealed!” will feature trailblazing entrepreneurs who have been successful in tech and digital media related endeavors.
This project encapsulates one JCI-Manila tenet that “economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise” and cement JCI Manila as a leadership organization actively participating in the business concerns of young leaders and entrepreneurs. Being the lifeblood of the Philippine economy, the SMEs should consciously adapt and grow with market changes and take steps to attaining their business goals – thus coining the term “Entrep Summit”.
Proceeds from the Entrep Summit 2010 will go to the various JCI Manila community development activities under the “Dare to C.A.R.E” umbrella program for the Smokey Mountain Community which offers various community services to the area such as scholarship, sports program for the youth, livelihood, mentorship, and education to name a few.
The Entrep Summit will be held at August 28, 2010, SM Mall of Asia, Center Stage Cinema at 8:00am – 6:00pm. Tickets are available via Ticketnet and at www.entrepsummit.com for Php1200.